About Parent Service Points
Parent Service Points (PSP) is a system to track and encourage parents to be involved with school events and activities. The student family is required to pre-paid the service point fee during the registration for the next school year. The family then will receive refund at the next student registration, depending on how many service points have been ful-filled by the parents in the familly.
Parent Service Points Accumulation Requirements
- Families with single enrollment are required to complete 4 service points per school year.
- Families with multiple enrollments are required to complete 8 service points per school year.
- ECS Administration Office will maintain each family’s service points. Parent service points will not be able to carry over to the following semester.
- ECS Administration Office will be available for your inquiry regarding your parent service points record.
- In the event which the parent is unable to meet his/her pledged service duty, the parent(s) shall provide advanced notice and nominate a substitute to the General Affairs coordinator.
- The registration for the following school year for the current students will start on April 1. In order to calculate the correct refund amount from the fulfilled services for each family, April 1 will be the cut-off date for the services that will be counted as current school year. The service points from the services after March 31 will be counted toward the following school year.
Service Point Sign-Up and Inquery
The parents can log in to "ECS Online - Service Sign-Up System" to sign-up any available services and check service point balance
Available Parent Service Points Services
- 8 points may be earned through volunteer service as a teacher, or ECS staff member.
- 8 points may be earned through parent service as a procurement coordinator, Teaching Assistant (TA) coordinator, extra-curricular activity coordinator, or school activity coach.
- 8 points may be earned through parent service as a web master (for NVECS.org website), or computer systems developers who have more than 12 hours of work.
- 4 points may be earned through parent service as a room parent.
- 2 points may be earned through parent service as academic contest judge.
- 1 point may be earned through parent service as a school patrol to ensure safety of our children.(Safety Patrol Guideline)
- 1 point may be earned through parent service in our Fall Festival, Chinese New Year Celebration, Graduation Ceremony, and Field Day events.
- 1 point may be earned through any parent services less than 2 hours.
- 1 point may be deducted for unexcused absence from pledged service duty.
- View complete Service Point Task List and details
Parents Service Points Policy
- The service records will be subjected to an assessment prior/ during the registration process. "Service Point Fee" ($15 per service point) is prepaid at the registration day.
- The "Service Point Fee" paid during the registration from previous school year will be refunded at the registration day for the next school year.
- The families with students who will graduated from ECS can receive their refund at the end of school year according to the family's service point balance. An notification email will be sent to the parents to pick up the check in the school office.
- Return Service Point Fee expires at end of October for previous semester, submit Disbarment Request Form to General Affairs for approval; follow typical payment process.