- 認字比賽在教室外的走廊舉行， 沒有擔任計時或計分義工的家長，請不要在走廊逗留和聊天，讓孩子們在安靜不受干擾的環境下考試。
- 答對 100% 之學生，將頒發特優獎。
- 答對 80% 以上、100% 以下之學生，將頒發優等獎。
- Vocabulary Contest will be held in the hallway. We ask parents who are not volunteers, please refrain from chatting or staying in the hallway. Let’s give our children a quiet environment so they can concentrate on their test.
The results are in! With the hard work and preparation from all our parents, academic members, and teachers, the vocabulary contest ran smoothly. ECS students performed very well. Congratulations to 292 students who obtained superior and excellent badge of honors!
To raise students’ ability to recognize and apply Chinese vocabulary.
All students in the Experimental Chinese School
- 2:10pm, May 6, 2018
- Contest Make-up Date: April 29, 2018
- Group 1: Kindergarten 1 to 3: Determined by the class teachers.
- Group 2: Elementary 1 to Elementary 4: Determined by the class teachers. To demonstrate the understanding of the word usage, students must make a phrase with each word.
- Group 3: Elementary 5 to High School 2: Determined by the class teachers. To demonstrate the understanding of the word/phrase usage, students must make a sentence with each word/phrase.
Each student to be tested should go to the judges’ table and select a set of 15 words/phrases, read each word/phrase correctly, and make an accurate and appropriate phrase/sentence with the word/phrase. (Kindergarten students only need to read each word.)
- Time Limit:
Students have 15 seconds (or 30 seconds if for making sentence) to finish each question. Words read out after the time limit will not be given points.
Students receive one point for each correctly read word/phrase, and one more point for each correctly made phrase/sentence. Total possible scores are 30 points.
- Order of Testing:
The class teacher will hold a drawing to determine the order of student appearances for the contest.
The judge group is consisted of the classroom teacher and two parent volunteers.
- Participants in Kindergarten classes will receive a participation prize.
- Students scored 100% will receive a Superior rating.
- Students scored between 80% and 100% will receive an Excellent rating.